Locust Lake State Park

Locust Lake State Park
I camp in comfort.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Nockamixon State Park

After visiting family in the Endless Mountains I wanted to visit a park close to home to enjoy the fall colors. The lake at Nockamixon is so large I figured after such a dry summer the trees there had the best chance for a nice color show. I was not dissappointed. I saw loons, a crane, ducks and a few turkey vultures. The day use side of this park is extensive, tons of parking, picnic tables and hiking/biking trails. The only thing this park did wrong was to put the awesome modern cabins on the opposite side of the lake, away from the day use area. This lake is big, so the trip around is a bit far. I got to enjoy a long weekend here a year or so ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment